Friday, October 24, 2008

More on nutrition...

So, we have covered a lot thus far but now we are getting to the finer points. We have asked the same question over and over..."how am I supposed to eat properly to lose weight"? This, however, is a very broad question with no single simple answer. It is actually easier to understand this by asking a series of more concise questions.

1. How many calories a day do I require to maintain what I currently have (Daily Caloric Need)?

2. How many calories SHOULD I consume (based on Resting Metabolism, see next question)?

3. What is my resting metabolism and how do I calculate it?

4. What are the principle drawbacks to low-carb and Atkins?

5. How can I calculate my caloric intake?

6. What should I know about caloric intake?

More later...

No comments: